Blue Sky Analytics wins MIT Solve & AI Innovations Challenge
- Blue Sky Analytics is a Geospatial Data Analytics startup, in simple words, analyzing terabytes of complex satellite data to do air quality and pollution emissions monitoring.
- Blue Sky recently won the MIT Solve (like Ycombinator of East Coast) but focused on social tech entrepreneurs to address pressing global issues. The incoming solver class of 32 startups has been selected from 1400 applicants from over 100 countries, to work closely with Solve to scale their solutions and build partnerships over the next 9 months.
- Blue Sky also won the AI Innovation Challenge at MIT Solve, which was hosted by Schmidt Futures (Ex-Google CEO Eric Schmidt's AI focussed foundation) and Patrick J McGovern Foundation (of Ex Founder & CEO of IDG Group Patrick J McGovern). Blue Sky uses intense AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Computer Vision to optimally and efficiency to analyze satellite data and build environmental monitoring products with it.
- Blue Sky is backed by marquee investors like Ashish Dhawan(Indian philanthropist Founder of Chrys Capital), Mohit Bhatnagar (Sequoia India), Dalberg Partner Gaurav Gupta, and Near CXOs Shobhit & Rahul
- Blue Sky is founded by Abhilasha Purwar, Fulbright Scholar, Yale, and IIT alum, who has worked in 4 continents of Asia, America, Africa, and Europe on a variety of sectors and roles such as Private Equity investments, Solar Home Systems business as Data Manager, Solar Cell development, and Environmental Policy Consulting. Most notably, Abhilasha worked as a consultant for the Ministry of Environment Project for Continuous Emission Monitoring with Central and various State Pollution Control Boards.